Allow two or three flowers per person
Fiori de Zucchini repieni de pollo
Courgette Flowers Stuffed with Chicken
1 1/2 oz. flour
1 1/2 oz. butter
1/2 pint of milk
pepper and nutmeg
a nut of chicken bouillon
4 oz. finely chopped ham
8 oz. finely chopped cooked chicken
2 heaped tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and black pepper
3 tablespoons of water
- Make a roux with the flour and butter
- Cook until slightly sandy ; mix together milk, pepper,nutmeg,
and nut of chicken bouillon and add gradually to the roux.
- Simmer for five minutes (the sauce should be thick) then mix in
the ham & chicken.
- Cover with greaseproffo paper and allow the mixture to get cold.
- Stuff the flowers with a tablespoon of the cooled mixture.
- Put the flour into a bowl and make a well
- Add egg, oil, pepper & salt
- Mix together and start stirring in until the batter is a thickish cream.
- Dip the stuffed flowers in a batter
- Deep fry them, turning them once or twice and serve on a napkin
with segments of lemon and watercress.